07 August 2010

One has arrived...

Well, I am posting these pics, but you all may not be satisfied. I missed the butterfly coming out!!! :-( I walked over to where they were and I noticed that the one was really dark in color and I could actually see the butterfly inside because the chrysalis had become so thin. I told Daniel and then I walked away. Of course not thinking…hey, why don’t you get a picture of that…Well, when I finally thought about taking a picture of it…a half hour later…THE BUTTERFLY WAS OUT!!! I was so mad I missed it. BUT NOW I know what it looks like right before they come out so I will make sure on this last one that I am on top of it and I am going to take A LOT of pictures. Anyways this is the butterfly that came out and it was neat to watch it ‘pump’ its wings and then finally fly away! Hang on for the second one, and hopefully I will be able to get the picture of it…

The first pic is of it pumping its wings and you can see how the wings are almost curved...it would try to open them and it could only go so far...then close them and then it would sit like the 2nd picture below for a while and then try to open them again.



Then it finally got its wings to open all the way!  This is a black swallowtail male.  Wonder if the next one is a female?! 
You can see the other chrysalis still there in the forefront...as we will wait for its arrival and I PROMISE not to miss it!! As longs as it does it during the day and NOT while we're at church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment