02 December 2010

Children.....

Well folks, here I am...yes, I know its been a while.  I wish I could hire someone to post for me, because I always have a story I would like to write, but never can sit down long enough to write it.  After today's antics I figured I would post that and MAKE time to do it.

Sorry for the um, fall leaves!  It is TIME to change it to snow, but my computer tech savvy friend has declined in helping me change my background (love ya amanda! ;-)....soooo....I may get a snowy background come summer by the time I figure it out....

Christmas time is Daniel's favorite time of the year.  He loves to decorate and I love to just look at the finished product.  I wish I had as much excitement about decorating as he does, but lugging stuff down from the attic (which I dont do anyway) and going through boxes and trying to remember where this or that goes...especially after I have rearranged my living room twice this year...is a bit mind challenging sometimes because NOW I have to find a new spot for it.  Setting up for Christmas this year took on a whole new approach for me.  We got the Christmas tree down and a few other decorations and the kids were about as happy as if you just gave them a whole bag of candy!  Dont get me wrong I get excited too, but they were just happy to put up the Christmas tree and the other few odds and ends things.  Maybe it was the change in scenery or maybe it was something else I dunno, but either way they were happy, and it kind of got me a little bit more excited about this holiday season and sharing with them the reason for the season.  :-)  We decided not to put bulbs up this year because all we have is glass bulbs and after last years MANY explosion of bulbs we just decided to have lights.  Just a tree and lights...simple and plain....  :-)  Welllllllllll...the children thought that it was quite DULL and today Lydia began a new tradition (nothing that will last, but something that is funny) and Jonathan was soon quick to follow and help add to it!  Enjoy the following pics, and I will be back sooooooooooon for more posts....
                                              so, who needs Christmas bulbs when you have toys?!?!?!?!!?

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! That is hilarious!!! And for the record, I did not DECLINE. LOL! I was simply unavailable. ;)

    ReplyDelete