22 June 2010

God's Word

Is so thankful for God's Word...My friend and I are memorizing scripture passages together.  I am so encouraged to take the time to memorize and hide God's Word in my heart.  It takes time to do it, but it is so worth it.  I was recently challenged to do this, and was so convicted on how many verses I knew, but maybe only knew half of the verse, or the verse but not the reference.  Soon I will have a white board up with the verses that we are working on so I can see it throughout the day. It is awesome to be going about my day and have the verses I am working on 'pop' up in my head.  I am thankful for God's Word...and if one day I dont have my Bible...I can pull God's Word out of my heart...and no one can take that away from me!! 

"The benefit of memorizing Scripture is so you can be thinking God’s thoughts; trading your thoughts for His; meditating on what’s important to God instead of what’s important to yourself. It will help you escape from being self-absorbed." Janet Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment