02 March 2010

Thank You

My heart is very thankful today as I think of all that I have been given. I want to write about my best friend. I am thankful for a lot of things, but I am most thankful for my husband. He has made me become a better person, he has shown me how to work hard for things, he has taught me so much. We have only been married a short while...soon to be 5 years in June, and I am thankful for those years we have already had together. I know that we all have our pitfalls and OF COURSE we dont agree on everything, but when you are in God's will, and when you know that God has put you together that is something special to hold on to. It makes each day sweeter and each day something to look forward to. Before Daniel and I were married I was listening to the radio and they were interviewing couples that had been married for 50+ years and what 'held them together'. One couple got on and they were about to tell us how they 'made' it for 50 + years...and i was getting ready for this big long discourse on how to have this WONDERFUL marriage...and you want to know what they said??? What has kept their marriage going and appreciating one another was saying 'please' and 'thank you'! WHAAAT?! You've got to be kidding me...but the more they talked and explained it totally made sense...when you stop DEMANDING and start being THANKFUL you will learn to LOVE your spouse. When Daniel does something small for me I try to remember to say thank you and to just honor him. It sometimes is hard to say that. I have tried to live by that, and learn that Daniel is a gift from God to me and each day I share with him is more special and to say 'thank you'. I love him dearly and I can truly say that I love him more today than the day I married him!!! :-) Thank you Daniel for being my husband and best friend! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment